



There are so many sights to see in El Salvador! We have learned to carry a camera with us, every everywhere we go, because there are so many different things we encounter on a day to day basis, that are so worth sharing.....at least we think so!!
We are blessed to live in such a beautiful country, yet, at the same time, there are so many "different" things that we see, that make us chuckle, or at times pray!! For example, I saw a young family on a motorcycle one day, dad driving with his helmet on, mom behind him with no helmet, and a little girl, no more than 2 years old, up in front of the handle bars......no lie! I didn't get a picture, because I immediately started praying for that little one's protection!
So, I think we'll make this a series, and post new pictures as we take them, to give you a better perspective on what it's like living in a third world country.....get ready to take in it's beauty, or laugh a little, and maybe even say a prayer!
In the 1st picture are some of the many beautiful mountains that we see all around us, with a volcano about 1/4 of the way in from the left side. There are many volcanos here in El Salvador, too.
The 2nd picture is breathtaking, Lago de Coatepeque or Lake Coatepeque. King's Castle Campgrounds sits on this lake that is formed inside a volcano. We never get tired of this wonderful view!
The 3rd picture is just one of the many overloaded pick-ups that is common around here. I think some of the huge white bags are filled with plastic......maybe they're recycling????
The last picture is a picture of a rooster that I saw tied up behind a pastor's house, and thought it was pretty funny. One would think a dog would be the most common animal on a leash, but not true here in El Salvador!!
More to come.............
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment